Recipe of the Quarter
Dovi: Zimbabwean Peanut Stew
prep 10 mins
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
Stage 1 - Create Peanut Stew Base
1. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
2. Once the oil is heated, add onions and garlic. Cook together for 3 minutes until the onions become translucent.
3. Add 1 cup of vegetable stock, chili sauce and peanut butter. Using either a whisk or a slotted ladle, stir in the peanut butter until it has dissolved and mixed with the liquid.
Stage 2 - Add Remaining Ingredients to Dovi
1. Add the remaining vegetable stock, tomato paste, cayenne pepper and carrots. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add okra and re-cover the pot. Simmer for another 8 minutes as the okra cooks (and helps to thicken the stew).
3. Add spinach and allow to soften (2 minutes). Mix well into the stew.
4. Remove dovi from heat, serve and enjoy!
Let us help you plan your dream safari. call toll-free: 888.227.8311 or today
| | Share