Recipe of the Quarter
Lemon and Condensed Milk Biscuits (Botswana)
To be enjoyed with afternoon tea!
Makes: 24 biscuits
Total time: Prep time: 15 min.; Bake time: 15 min.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 7 fluid ounces condensed milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Cream together the butter and sugar, then add the condensed milk and keep blending until well mixed.
- Add the lemon juice and grated zest, then sift together the dry ingredients and add that too. Keep blending until the ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Take teaspoons of dough and roll them into balls, then place them on a greased baking sheet and flatten gently with a fork.
- Bake at about 335 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until starting to brown underneath. Let cool, then dust with powdered sugar.
Let us help you plan your dream safari. call toll-free: 888.227.8311 or email us today
Sighting of the Quarter
| | Share