Recipe of the Quarter: Cucumber-Courgette (Zucchini) salad
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 courgettes (zucchini), thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper, fresh cracked
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
Arrange cucumber, zucchini & onions in alternating layers. Dissolve sugar in hot water. Mix with vinegar. Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper - along with a couple of ice cubes to chill. Drain any water released from cucumbers before adding the dressing. Allow vegetables to marinate in the dressing at least 1 hour before serving.
Let us help you plan your dream safari. call toll-free: 888.227.8311 or email us today
Sighting of the Quarter: Lion gives birth beneath tent at Shumba Camp!
| | Share